THE EXHILARATION OF SATISFACTION



lt was a sunny morning. A bright Sunday. The sun poured through my window .Another day had dawned bringing with it new hopes and aspirations .Sundays are usually relaxing days .And we chose Calicut Beach for relaxing ,me and my sisters were very much enthusiastic and set out to Calicut Beach after lunch.


   But everything went wrong after reaching Calicut Beach. The beach was chock-a-block with tourists. so we thought of exploring Street foods.

The delicious Aroma of Panipuri, pickles Greenpeas..... wow! it was superb.  



       The night ambiance of beach was incredible...a different world of Hustle and bustle.... the Aroma of delicious street food the echoing of toys...it was just like a festive night. Sea was calm. The sound of sea was calming under the full moon. The sky was magnificent with moon light.


  Suddenly my ears stuck with a song.. A tuneful.. melodic.. lilting song.
My ears were searching and my eyes were running hither and thither for that soothing sound.But I failed to find her. As my sisters were waiting me for exploring delicious foods,I turned to that. As we were exploring the food I noticed a young boy staring at me and the food that I have been eating.


And I turned my head towards him. But he ran away, me and my family followed his way and we were moving after him. suddenly I heard that lilting song.
After searching here and there we found that sweet sound and young boy. It was a poor, pitiful shabbily dressed lady with her four children. Her face was wrinkled and had a wizened yet piteous expression. A tattered, torn, old brown cloak was on her shoulders. she was singing a heart touching Tamil song "ovoru.. Pookkalume.." with bawling eyes. Three of her children were sleeping on that dirty, sullied,filthy ground And the young boy was there, he was sitting close to her mother and was continuing his staring towards us.

The sad thing Was, Nobody was the for listening that sweet voice everybody was busy with their relish, playing in the sand, exploring Street foods.. I saw a few people donating them one or two coins. She is earning her bread and butter by singing at footpaths.

And the most melancholy thing was that young boy with skeletal and ragged body, and he was the elder one, the pillar of that poverty-stricken contemptible family.
He was sitting there with glossy eyes watching happy families relishing the beach. It was sad!!

 We bought some foods, clothes from nearby shops and gifted the lady. She received them with watery eyes she was crying by embracing her children. And at that day I experienced the exhilaration of
satisfaction..!!
I could see happiness in her eyes... And l was grinning from ear to ear.

 "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you"
Once said by John Bunyan.

For me it was a heart touching experience.. And she sang a lovely song for us.. as a token of gratitude. Helping one person might not change the world but it could change the world for one person. This experience changed my world... My way of thinking.. My decisions... and helped me to think about the world around me and the people around me... And surely an inspiration for me to do more and more.. 

And that happiness should be incredible. 
 
"No one has ever become poor by giving"
       -ANNE FRANK


- Shada (S2B)

Comments

Click below to LIKE...

Popular Posts

Hue of Mind (Poem)

Your Dreams Are Your Limitations