DOWN MEMORY LANE:A Retrospection On My Childhood


 

Retrospection. The most powerful form of reflection which one steps out of immediate past to consider it from Vantage of present."So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past". Scattered memories of childhood are like partially lost pieces of a huge mosaic. I still can vividly picture the white lies and prankful omissions we chattered for the survival.

As one grows up, one longs more and more for his or her childhood, the best period of one's life .The charm of childhood cannot be forgetten. Having no anxieties, worries or work. A child is free from the dirty and filthy noise of wordly life. As I grow older ,I look back with great nostalgia to my childhood days filled fun and frolic.


My childhood glimmers with memories of visits to grandma's house and a solitary teddy bear.In those days, there existed a world where every day was an adventure and the aim was to explore as much as possible as quickly as possible. I ,along with my sisters lived in this world of imagination as children. To us our house represented the world. Our backyard was the place of many of our adventures.


Looking into the mirror, I can't help but see a young girl with pigtails and baby soft skin.l used to play dress up using my mother's clothes and jewelleries and my sisters shirts that fit way too big for me yet still I made it work and I used to eat without feeling the need to check if anyone around me. I want those back.

 Memories of my childhood are mostly my grandma. Furthermore I remember clearly the Aroma of her pickles. she usually got up very early. After she woke up ,she was pulling the sleepyhead rooster to make him announce the world a new day started.grandma's morning began in kitchen .I could hear fussy noises of knives banging on the table, rumbling pots. Everything that came from that kitchen was magical tasty and always delicious. Because she used a secret recipe "Love". I remember her soft ,warm hands, her smiling with rays of wrinkles in the corner of her eyes,her quiet gentle laughter and love.


My childhood memories are the perception of the surrounding world through the love I was given and love I was taught.


- Hida.E (S2B)

Comments

Click below to LIKE...

Popular Posts

Hue of Mind (Poem)

Your Dreams Are Your Limitations